Kerala Fish Curry
Kerala curry is a popular fish curry recipe of south Indian state of Kerala. Usually it is served in hollow clay dish type called chatty, or manchatti.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Kerala Fish Curry
- fish pieces-400 grams
- chopped onion –half cup
- chopped ginger-1 teaspoon
- tamarind pulp- 2 tablespoon
- coconut milk-half cup
- fresh grated coconut-half cup
- dry red chili-two
- red chili powder-1 teaspoon
- soaked rice – 1 tablespoon
- cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
- coriander seeds-1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- oil -2 tablespoon
- Add Salt according to Taste
How To Make Kerala Fish Curry
- Firstly apply red chili powder, salt and turmeric powder to the fish pieces and leave it one side for about 15 minutes.
- Now slightly bake coriander and cumin seeds and then combine it with grated coconut, dry red chilies and soaked rice.
- Now crush it to form a paste type mixture and then take half cup of hot water and dip tamarind in it.
- Take a pan and start heating some oil in it and then add some chopped ginger and onions in it and heat them on a medium high heat till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Now put fish pieces in it and add 2 cups of water in the mixture.
- Start boiling it and then add coconut and spice paste mixture in it.
- Now squash tamarind to form pulp. Add this to gravy mixture and boil it for about 2mins
- Finally add fish pieces to the prepared mixture and boil it on a medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes till fish is prepared.
Kerala Fish Curry
Some Useful Tips
- For a thick gravy mixture the recipe should be cooked for longer time.
Other similar recipes
- Kerala style curry
- Mean curry- fish curry
- Netholi fish curry