Karaikudi Fish Curry
Fish Teriyaki is one of the famous recipes of Japan. It also goes well with Tuna, Sea bass, Sword Fish, etc.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Karaikudi Fish Curry
- 250gms of Fish divided in slices
- Half teaspoon Mustard
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 chopped Onion
- 6 flakes of Garlic
- One chopped Green Chili
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- One chopped Tomato
- ¼ teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- Small gooseberry size Tamarind
- Add Salt as per your taste
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Four to five Dry Red Chilies
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- Half teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/4th teaspoon of Pepper
- 1/4th teaspoon of Toor dal
- Hint of Fenugreek seeds
- 1 branch of Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Coconut
How To Make Karaikudi Fish Curry
- Take a bowl put some water in it and dip Tamarind in it and remove the pulp portion.
- Now take a pan and start heating half teaspoon Oil in it and then add Cumin seeds, Pepper, Toor dal, Dry red chili and Coriander seeds, Fenugreek seeds, Curry leaves and Coconut in it.
- Then use the roaster to roast this mixture and do this till the time it becomes brown in color.
- Allow it to cool for some time and then crush it to prepare a paste type mixture by adding small amount of water.
- Take a pan and heat 2 to 3 teaspoons Oil in it.
- Then add some mustard seeds in it and do this till the time it starts splitting and then add green chilli, onion and some Curry leaves in it and fry it until it becomes brown in color.
- Now add Ginger garlic paste to the mixture and Start frying until the foul vanishes.
- Now add tomato in the mixture and mash it properly. Then add Turmeric Powder paste mixture and then fry it for about 3mins.
- Now add salt, tamarind juice and one cup of water in the mixture and start boiling it on a medium flame and cover it properly and boil it for about 10 minutes until it becomes thick paste type mixture.
- Finally add Fish pieces to the mixture and start cooking it and do this for about 5mins till fish and gravy gets completely cooked
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish tacos
- Fish molee