Gravlax Salmon is a mouth watering and spicy fish recipe. Follow this simple method to learn the preparation of Gravlax Salmon.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Gravlax Salmon
- Two complete deboned sides of salmon
- One fourth cup of Kosher salt
- One fourth cup of Sugar
- 2 tbsp of crushed White peppercorns, crushed
- 2 whole bunches of Fresh dill
- One fourth cup of vodka or Aquavit (optional)
How To Make Gravlax Salmon
- Firstly take a glass dish and put a large piece of plastic wrap sheet in it which can hold the salmon sides properly.
- Now put the skin side down on the plastic wrap.
- Add some sugar, crushed peppercorns and salt in it and then spread half of this mixture on the surface of pan.
- Now take bunches of dill and put some salt over it.
- Now spray some vodka over the dill and spread the remaining mixture over the dill
- Put the other skin side up over the 1st.
- Now to cover the frying pan, properly pull the plastic wrap over it.
- Take some plates and put them on top of the salmon and then with the help of preserved food weigh it.
- Now keep the dish in the fridge for round about 48 to 72hrs.
- Now by this time take out the fish once or twice a day from the fridge and then unwrap the salmon and batter it with the gathered juices.
- Now flip the fish to other side and put it back in fridge.
- Now take out the steaks from wrapping and remove all the excess mixture and dill from it.
- Now finally make some small slices of it on a bias and serve it.
Some Useful Tips
- Use the bottom part of sauce pan or frying pan to easily crush the Peppercorns.
Other Similar Recipes
- Geflite fish
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos