Gholu Fish In Curds
Gholu Fish in Curds is spicy and tasty dish. It lets your mouth full of water. Gholu Fish is best at its taste when it is served with plain steamed rice.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Gholu Fish In Curds
- Gholu Fish - 3/4 kg ( Big pieces)
- Peeled potatoes - 4
- Red dry chilies – 4- 5
- Flakes of garlic - 4
- Ginger - ½”
- Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon ( dry)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Cardamoms - 6
- Cloves - 4
- Bay leaf - 1
- Curds - 1 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt as needed
How To Make Gholu Fish In Curds
- Take a large bowl. Mix garlic, coriander, ginger, cumin seeds, and red chilies. Grind them properly.
- For more fragrance roast the cumin and coriander seeds before blending them.
- Clean the pieces of potato with water.
- Make small holes in each piece of potato using fork.
- Take a sauce pan. Heat little oil in it. Place potato pieces into it and fry them until golden brown in color. Set aside for some time.
- Now put chopped onions into the same oil, and cook them until onions become tender.
- Add small lumps of garlic, coriander, ginger, cumin seeds, and chilies to the above mixture.
- Fry this mixture till oil starts floating on top of the mixture.
- Mix for some time and then pour about 1 1/2 cups of hot water into the above mixture.
- Make sure that the potato becomes tender and gravy becomes thickens.
- If required, add more little water to it.
- Now add pieces of fish and salt as needed.
- Reduce the heat and cook over low flame.
- Now beat the curd. The curd should be sour a little bit.
- Take a skillet and add 1 tbsp of refined oil in it and heat it.
- Mix in bay leaves, cloves, and cardamoms. Now pour this mixture over the beaten curds.
- Add this curd mixture into the gravy of fish and let it cook over low flame for few mins.
- Turn off the flame. Shift the fish gravy to a serving plate.
- Garnish this Fish gravy with finely chopped coriander leaves & green chili.
- Serve it with plain and steamed rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Geflite fish
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos