Flat Fish with Salt
Flat Fish with Salt is a very tasty and unique recipe. It is grilled in a very authentic manner. Lotus Stem and Ponzu sauce are the main ingredients of this recipe.
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients For Flat Fish with Salt
- Flat fish of any kind - 1 1/3 lb
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Lemon slices circle shaped for garnishing
- Finely grated and water squeezed Daikon - 10 oz
Lotus root garnish
- Skin removed & thinly sliced fresh lotus stem – 60 gm
- Sweet Vinegar - 3 tbsp
- Without seeds red chili - 1
- Ponzu Sauce – 80 ml (1/3 cup)
How To Make Flat Fish with Salt
- Boil the slices of lotus root for about 30 sec. Drain out all the water and add sweet vinegar into it. Mix it properly.
- Take a pan and put red chili into it. Heat them for about few sec. then add these chilies to the vinegar mixture. Also add Ponzu sauce. Now refrigerate this mixture.
- Properly clean the fish. Make cuts on both sides cross wise. Now insert skewer into the fish through tail end. Take it out through the center. Again insert the skewer through the head. Continuing this way to give a fish wave shape.
- Shower some salt onto the fish and also apply some salt to the tail & fins of the fish.
- Cook the fish over fire containing charcoal. Make sure that the skin of the fish does not get damage. Cook from both sides until the color of the fish turns golden.
- Flat fish with salt is ready to eat. Garnish it with wedges of lemon, seasoned lotus stem & grated Daikon.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish molee
- Salt Cheedai