Fish with Moong Dal
Fish with Moong Dal is a tasty and unique recipe of Bengal. It has a unique method of preparation. It is rich in protein.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Fish with Moong Dal
- Moong dal - 1 cup
- Fish heads - 2
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Finely chopped tomato - 1
- Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon
- Finely chopped green chilies - 2
- Turmeric powder - 1 tablespoon
- Powder cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Powder of coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chilies - 3
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cardamoms - 2
- Cinnamon – 1/4 inch
- 4 - cloves
- Black pepper - 3
- Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Hing as needed
- Salt as needed
- For frying - oil
How To Make Fish with Moong Dal
- Clean and wash the Moong dal properly and soak for about half an hour.
- Cook the Moong dal by adding 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Clean and wash the heads of fish and cut them into big pieces.
- Mix lemon juice, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a bowl. Marinate the fish heads with this mixture. Keep aside for about 45 minutes.
- Now heat the oil in a pan for frying. Add heads of fish into it and fry them till its color changes to golden brown.
- Drain the fish heads and keep them aside.
- Take out the oil from the sauce pan, left only about 3 tablespoon of oil into it.
- Now add bay leaves, cardamoms, black pepper, Hing, cloves, and red chilies. Add onions also and fry till golden brown.
- Now again add green chilies, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 2 mins over a low flame.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 mins over a low flame.
- Add coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Add heads of fish and sauté over a low flame till they become tender.
- Now add cooked Moong dal and 1 cup of water.
- Let it boil till the required consistency of curry
- Shower garam Masala over it.
- Fish with Moong Dal is ready to serve.
Other Similar Recipes
- Geflite fish
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos