Fish Sauce is a Thai Cuisine. It is prepared from the drained liquid from fermented anchovies. It is used in south-east Asian dish like a soy sauce or salt.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Fish Sauce
How To Make Fish Sauce
- Make small pieces of fish completely including its bones, flesh, scales, and head.
- Mix it with a big amount of salt to avoid fleshy smell.
- Add adequate amount of water so the spaces between the parts of the fish also gets filled.
- Pour this mixture into an air tight container or jar and cover it with a cheese cloth.
- Keep aside this jar full of mixture for some days. Shake it after every 1-2 days.
- Little bubbles start appearing inside the jar. These bubbles assure you that your mixture is now fermenting. Also the mixture starts separating into multiple layers.
- After a week take out all the solids from inside the mixture using a strainer.
- A brown liquid has been formed into the jar. Just make this mixture go through the cheese cloth so that any solid if left inside the jar will come out.
- Now boil the fish sauce for about minutes to make it pasteurize.
- Taste this sauce as it pasteurized. Add more salt and water to it.
- Again put your mixture into a glass jar and refrigerate it.
Other Similar Recipes
- Geflite fish
- Fish molee
- Fish tacos