Fish Podimas is a simple, tasty, and easy recipe that goes extremely good with boiled and plain rice. It is famous in the southern parts of the country.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients for Fish Podimas
- 1/4 to 1/2 kg- fish
- 1 teaspoon - Chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - Turmeric
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon - Coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped Ginger
- 1 tablespoon – Chopped Garlic
- Large red onion – 1
- 1/2 cup of Finely chopped lengthwise pearl onion
- Finely chopped green chili – 2
- Seeded & chopped tomato – 1
- 2 teaspoon - Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon - Coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon - Garam Masala
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon - Mustard
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2-3 sprigs of curry leaves
- Required Coconut oil
How To Make Fish Podimas
- In a large bowl mix 1 teaspoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and salt. Marinate the pieces of fish with this mixture.
- Now sauté the pieces of fish in a clay pot. Make sure that all the water gets vaporize and the pieces of fish are done.
- Heat little coconut oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to it. Fry them till they started crackle. Also add curry leaves and dry red chilies, cook them till gets brown.
- Now again add 1 tablespoon of ginger, finely chopped green chilies, and 1 tablespoon of garlic. Cook them for about few minutes. Add finely chopped pearl onions. Again cook for some mins and add finely chopped onions.
- Cook this mixture till its color changes to light golden brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, turmeric powder as needed, garam Masala, and 2 teaspoon of chili powder. Mix it well and let it cook.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes to the above mixture and cook.
- Now add already cooked pieces of fish and stir it properly. Add grated coconut about 1 cup, and some curry leaves. Mix it thoroughly.
- Fry for some time and then turn off the flame. Serve it with boiled and plain rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Hyderabadi fish curry
- Fish fried rice with veggies