Fish Pitika is a popular dish of Assam. It is prepared using Rohu Fish or a fresh water fish which are known for their taste and delicacy.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients for Fish Pitika
- Rohu fish - 500 gms
- Mustard paste - 2 teaspoon
- Garlic cloves – 6to 8
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoon
- Green chilies – 2( finely Chopped)
- Mustard oil - 2 tablespoon
- Washed and brushed with oil Banana leaf - 1
How To Make Fish Pitika
- Crush the cloves of garlic after removing the peel of it.
- Take a banana leaf and wrap the Rohu fish in it. Place it into the water. Steam the fish to cook. As fish finished cooking turn off the flame.
- Now take out the bones and skin of the fish.
- Mash the Rohu fish and then add little salt to it. Stir it well and keep them aside for some time.
- Now heat some oil in a sauce pan. Add mustard paste and garlic to it.
- Cook over a low heat for 1 min.
- Add mashed fish into it. Mix it well.
- Add lemon juice and finely chopped green chilies. Stir it properly.
- Now fish Pitika is prepared. Serve hot with chutney.
Other Similar Recipes
- Fish tacos
- Fish molee