Fish Onion Roast
Fish Onion Roast is a very tasty and easy to make dish. Main ingredient in this dish is Onion.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
Ingredients For Fish Fish Onion Roast
1/2 kg - King Fish ( Salmon could also be the option)
For marinating fish
- 2 teaspoon – chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - Black pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon- Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon - Lemon juice
(In a bowl Mix all these ingredients together and add little water if required to make a fine paste for the purpose of marinating the fish)
- 3 - Onion
- 4 - Tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon - chili powder
- 1/4 tsp - Turmeric powder
- 4 - Green chilies
- 1” pieces of ginger
- 2 stems of curry leaves
- Oil as needed.
How To Make Fish Onion Roast
- Wash the fish properly and make 1” pieces of fish.
- Marinate the fish with the above paste and keep it aside for about 30 minutes.
- Now fry the marinated fish in oil. Drain out the fish from the oil and keep aside.
- Cook crushed ginger in oil of about 6-7 tablespoon. Add onions into it.
- When ginger becomes soft and color changes to golden yellow, add chili powder and turmeric powder and cook again.
- Now add tomatoes, curry leaves, and pieces of green chilies. Cook again until it becomes crisp mixture.
- Now put fried fish into it and stir gently so that fish didn’t get break.
- Stir everything properly and cover the pan with the lid.
- Sauté over low flame for about 15-20 minutes more.
- While cooking, stir the mixture in between so that the mixture won’t get stick to the bottom of the pan and all the flavors of the ingredients will mix into the mixture.