Fish Molee is a popular South Indian style of fish curry. Coconut milk is the main ingredient of this recipe. This recipe is good for those people who don’t love to have spicy food.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
Ingredients For Fish Molee
- Fish fillet – 500g
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Thinly sliced large onion - 1
- Long thin strips of ginger - 1" size
- Finely chopped garlic cloves - 2 large
- Slit green chilies – 2 to 3
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Sliced tomato - 1
- Thick coconut milk - 2 cup
- Vinegar/ lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Salt acc to taste
- Water - 1/ 4 cup
How To Make Fish Molee
- Clean the fish fillets properly. Marinate the fish fillets with salt and turmeric powder. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan. Put the marinated fish fillets into it. Fry the fish fillets until the color changes to golden brown.
- Now take out the fish fillets from the sauce pan. Add more oil to the pan and heat it.
- Now add some mustard seeds to the pan and fry till the seeds start sparkling.
- Fry ginger, garlic, and onions in the same oil and cook until they done.
- Now add curry leaves and chopped green chilies to the pan and fry for about 1 minute.
- Put tomatoes into the pan and cook for about 1 minute. Make sure tomatos do not get mashed.
- Now add water, chili powder, and pepper powder, salt and lemon juice to the above mixture.
- Sauté over a low flame for about 2 mins.
- Now add coconut milk to the above and cook the mixture for about 4-5 mins until the gravy becomes thicker.
- Now put fried fish fillets into the gravy and again cook for 3 more minutes. Make sure that the fish absorbs completely.
- Turn off the flame.
- Fish Molee is ready to serve. Serve it with plain boiled rice.
Some Useful Tips
- Use only fresh coconut milk. It works best instead of preserved coconut milk because it leaves a different flavor and would not satisfy your taste.
- Serve it with steamed plain rice.
Other Similar Recipes
- Get life fish
- Meen molee
- Fish tacos