Fish Curry with Kodampuli
Fish is a major cuisine in Kerala. They have multiple variations in fish recipe. Some prefer tomatoes while others use coconut milk.
|Preparation Time||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
Ingredients For Fish Curry With Kodampuli
- Cleaned king fish – 250g
- Boiled Kodampuli – 3 to 4
- Small bunch of curry leaves
- 3 teaspoon - Red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon - turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon - Fenugreek leaves
- 2 tablespoon - Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2'” piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- Salt acc to taste
- A pinch of mustard seeds
How To Make Fish Curry with Kodampuli
- Peel out the skin of the fish, cut the fish into rectangular pieces of 1 x 2 “ sizes, clean them properly, drain out the water and keep aside the fish.
- Now make a paste of red chili powder, ginger, turmeric powder, and garlic with the addition of little water.
- Warm up little oil in a sauce pan; add some mustard seeds to the oil. As when the mustard seeds start sparkling, add some curry leaves and the above paste.
- Now fry the paste till it becomes consistent over a medium flame.
- Add water to the sauce pan which contains the extract of Kodampuli. Also assure the level of sourness.
- As water starts boiling add the pieces of fish to it and also salt.
- Cover these fish pieces with enough water and cook over a low flame.
- Keep mixing the mixture softly. Make sure the fish pieces do not get break.
- When the fish pieces are almost done, now increase the level of flame high and sauté until the gravy gets thickens, and oil starts floating over the gravy.
- Now fish curry with Kodampuli is ready to serve.
Other Similar Recipes
- Netholi fish curry
- Simple Kerala fish