Spicy Pineapple Chutney Recipe
Spicy pineapple chutney is not only tasty but has the goodness of pineapple too. Pineapple is rich source of vitamins and minerals as well as fibers. Learn how to prepare this awesome recipe by following directions given below..
|Time to Prepare||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||20 minutes|
Ingredients for Spicy Pineapple Chutney
- Pineapple cut into long strips- 1 cup
- finely chopped Garlic- 1 clove
- Dates cut into thin and long strips- 8
- Salt- 2 tsp
- Red chili pepper- ½ tsp
- Cardamoms- ¼ tsp
- Caramel syrup- 1 tsp
- Raisins- 3 tsp
- Vinegar- ¾ cup
- Sugar- 1 teacup
- Water- 1 cup
How to make Spicy Pineapple Chutney
- Take cooking pot and put water in it. Now put pineapple, dates and garlic in it and cook on low flames till water is absorbed.
- Now add red chili pepper, sugar, cardamoms, salt, vinegar and cook on high flame till it has acquired a thick consistency.
- Mix raisins and caramel syrup and cook for a few minutes. Mix in the raisins and pour the caramel syrup all over it.
- Take it out in a jar for preserving.
Some Useful Tips
- If preserved in an airtight container this chutney can last for a year.
- Tinned pineapple can also be used instead of fresh pineapples but keep in mind that it may not last a year with that.
Other Similar Recipes
- Mango Chutney
- Khajur Chutney