Onion tomato chutney is basically onion chutney in which tomatoes are used for extra added flavors. Learn how to make this recipe at home quickly in a simple manner.
|Time to Prepare||5 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
Ingredients For OnionTomato Chutney
- chopped onion- ½ cups
- chopped tomatoes- 2
- chopped coriander leaves- 4 tbsp
- oil- 1 tbsp
- dry red chilies- 4
- urad dal- 1 tsp
- mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- chopped green chilies- 2
- asafetida powder- 1 pinch
How To Make OnionTomato Chutney
- Take a small frying pan and heat oil in it. Put in mustard seeds, urad daal and red chilies. Once the seeds start spluttering add green chilies and asafetida. Let them cool and grind into a fine powder.
- Put 1 more tbsp of oil into the frying pan. Now fry onions in the oil till it softens up. Put in tomatoes and raise the temperature and keep cooking till all the excess liquid has evaporated form the dish.
- Now grind onion and tomatoes with the tadka masala for 30 sec. put in coriander leaves and salt.
- Onion tomato chutney is ready to be served.
Onion Tomato Chutney
Other Similar Recipes
- Mango Chutney
- Khajur Chutney