Brinjal or eggplant is a very versatile vegetable which can be used in a lot of ways. Brinjal chutney is one such recipe which can be prepared from brinjal. Follow this simple recipe to prepare brinjal chutney easily at home.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients For Brinjal Chutney
- Eggplant- 1 Large
- tamarind pulp- 1/2 cup
- whole green chilies- 4 to 5
- whole red chilies- 4 to 5
- Black gram- 1 tsp
- Jiggery- 2 tsp
- mustard seeds- ½ tsp
- grounded fenugreek seeds- ½ tsp
- Asafetida- a pinch
- turmeric powder- a pinch
- cooking oil- 2 tsp
- finely chopped coriander leaves- 10-15
- salt as required
How To Make Brinjal Chutney
- Rub brinjal with 1 tsp oil before roasting it on direct flame. Mash the roasted brinjal after removing the skin.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a fry pan. Put in the green chilies, red chilies, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, urad dal, asafetida and salt. Stir fry them for a minute and take off the flames.
- Brinjal chutney is ready. In grinder, grind all the fried ingredients and mashed brinjal together.
- Now sprinkle the brinjal chutney with coriander before serving it.
Some Useful Tips
In a similar manner you can prepare a chutney of cucumber, bell paper and zucchini.
Other Similar Recipes
- Mango Chutney
- Khajur Chutney