Prepare Beerakaya Pachadi in a simple and easy manner at your home by following the directions given here. This is pure food and ridge gourd is also considered good for vata in ayurveda.
|Time to Prepare||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients For Beerakaya Pachadi
- Chana Dal- 2 tbsp
- Tamarind- 1 small piece
- Beerakaya (Ridge Gourd)- 2
- Urad Dal- 1 tbsp
- Green Chilies finely chopped- 5 to 6
- Turmeric- ¼ tbsp
- Oil- 3 to 5 tsp
- Mustard Seeds- ½ tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tbsp
- Asafetida- a pinch
- Salt to taste
How To Make Beerakaya Pachadi
- Peel off the skin of beerakaya and clean it well.
- Cut it into small pieces.
- Heat 3-5 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Put the ingredients except beerakaya and turmeric in the pan
- Pan fry urad and chana daal till they are brown in color.
- After the daals are done add beerakaya and turmeric to the mixture and cook well.
- Sprinkle with salt and take it off the flames.
- Churn this beerakaya mixture and tamarind water in a processor.
- Use coriander leaves to garnish and serve.
Some Useful Tips
It can be served alongside chapattis and different Indian breads.
Other Similar Recipes
- Khajur Chutney
- Mango Chutney