Zaafrani murg is a famous and typical North-west Indian chicken recipe. The recipe can be prepared easily and can be served well with either naan or roti. Here we provide you an easy way of preparing this delicious recipe which will have different mixture of spice powders and will be rich in taste.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Zaafrani Murg
- Chicken -750gms
- Add salt according to taste
- Garlic paste -2 tsp
- Yoghurt -2 tbsp
- Red chili paste -1 tsp
- A pinch of saffron
- Cashew nut paste -5-6 tbsp
- Oil-4-5 tbsp
- Bay leaves-2 to 3
- Cloves -4 to 5
- Onion paste-2 tbsp
How to make Zaafrani Murg
- Firstly take a bowl and put some chicken pieces in it and add yoghurt, salt and garlic paste in it.
- Also add cashew nut paste, red chili and saffron dissolved in water to the mixture.
- Now properly mix all the ingredients.
- Now take a pan and heat some oil in it and add cloves, bay leaves and onion paste to it.
- Now mix garlic paste to the mixture once the onion turns brown.
- Now to the mixture add the chicken pieces which are seasoned earlier and then cook it.
- Now wait for the time the chicken gets finely cooked and then add some cashew nut paste & the saffron dissolved in water in it.
- Finally mix all the ingredients and Zaafrani murg is prepared and ready to serve.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chili and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Handi Recipe
- Mutton Zafrani Pulao by Chef Zakir
- Hyderabadi Zafrani Biryani Recipe
- Murgh Makhani Recipe
- Murg Seekh Kabab Recipe