Yorgut Chicken Rice
Yorgut Chicken Rice is a different and yummy chicken recipe. Follow this simple method to learn the preparation of Yorgut Chicken.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||55-60 mins|
Ingredients for Yorgut Chicken Rice
- Finely sliced onion-1 large
- Vegetable oil -6 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken 1 1/2 lbs lamb cut into small chunks
- Peeled and crushed garlic glove- 1 to 2
- Yogurt-8 ounces
- Salt according to taste
- Ground red pepper -1/4-1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
- Basmati rice -1 lb
- Saffron soaked in 1 tbsp warm water -1/4 teaspoon
- Ground cardamom-1 teaspoon
How to make Yorgut Chicken Rice
- Firstly fry some sliced onion in the oil till it turn soft and golden brown in color.
- Now add the chicken or lamb pieces and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
- Add garlic and again fry it for just one or two minutes and also add salt, red pepper ground cilantro and yogurt in it.
- Now cook it on a medium flame till the meat gets tendered (Do this for about 40 minutes).
- At the same time wash and soak the rice in lot of water for about half an hour.
- Now take a large pan and boil 5 cups water in the pan and add rice in it.
- Now put it back again on boiling and then cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes, then strain it in a sieve.
- Now from that put one half of the rice in a large pan and add chicken and its juices in it.
- Now the remaining rice should be added and spread cardamom, saffron and cardamom and a small amount of red pepper over it.
- Finally cover the pan properly with a tight fitting lid and increase the temperature for just a minute to boil the juices and then place the pan in an oven already heated at 300°F for about 45 minutes and then take it out and the dish is prepared and ready to serve.
Yorgut Chicken Rice
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Kashmiri chicken cardamom and saffron pilau
- Golden saffron scented chicken and rice
- Youngrt chicken over rice sticks
- Yakni pilau