White cut chicken or white sliced chicken is part of Cantonese cuisine and is a type of siu mei, or roasted meat recipes. Like other siu mei recipes, this particular recipe is not roasted.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
Ingredients for White Chicken
- green chilies- 4 to 5
- badam-8 to 10
- white pepper-1/2 tsp
- garlic-8 pods
- small piece of ginger
- Prepare a paste using a little water
- cinnamon- 1 big piece
- cardamom-5 to 6
- Add salt according to taste
How to make White Chicken
- Firstly clean and wash the chicken properly.
- Now cut onion and start cooking it in small amount of water until it softens and then grind it to form a paste.
- Now take a pan and heat some oil in it and then onion paste, clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and green chilies in it and then fry it for about 2mins.
- Now add badam paste and chicken in the mixture and add salt according to taste.
- Now mix the mixture well and allow it to cook on a low heat until it’s done.
- Now the gravy prepared will be thick. Add more water in the mixture if you want to make a thin gravy.
- It can be serve well with rotis or naan.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Kozhi Ada
- Chicken Ki Chap
- Chicken Roti