Tom Kha Gai
Tom Kha Gai is a delicious and unique Chicken recipe. Learn the preparation of Tom Kha Gai by following this easy procedure.
|Preparation Time||15-20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Tom Kha Gai
- coconut milk -2 19 ounce cans
- chicken broth or stock-1 quart
- slices of fresh or frozen galangal root-5 1/4″ thick quarter-sized to half-dollar sized
- lemongrass–3 stalks bottom (1/3 only), trimmed bottom stalks, and stripped outer layers stripped
- lime leaves-5 kaffir or flavor of 2 regular limes
- Use peeler to fish out when all flavor is gone
- red curry paste-2 tablespoons or as per your taste
- Add fish sauce according to taste
- Thinly sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms with stems removed-6
- Skinless, boneless chicken breast ( trimmed and divided into 1/2″ cubes)- 1 whole
- juice of two limes or according to your taste
- fresh cilantro leaves with removed stems-1/2 cup
- thinly sliced scallion tops-3
- Green and red Thai bird chilies thinly sliced to garnish
How to make Tom Kha Gai
- Firstly mix chicken broth, coconut milk, lemongrass, galangal, oil curry paste and lime leaves in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Now boil it on a low flame and allow it to simmer.
- Now marinate with fish sauce according to taste and lower down the heat and simmer for at least 40mins.
- Now take lemongrass and galangal and add chicken and mushrooms in it and cook it till it’s done.
- Now take lime leaves and add some lime juice in it according to taste and then garnish it with sliced hills, cilantro leaves and scallion tops.
- Finally the flavor prepared should be a mix of sweet, sour, spicy and herbal taste with some nice fragrance from the galangal.
Tom Kha Gai
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chicken Saffron Biryani
- Spring Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
- Chilli Chicken with Gravy
- Murg Lajawab
- Kadai Chicken
- Chicken Curry
- Dum Chicken