Thukpa Gya-Thuk Noodle Soup
Thukpa Gya is a famous recipe of Sikkim and North West India. A noodle-based soup with vegetables in it. Thukpa provides a hot flavor that’s why recipe is eaten more in the cold weather of North West states. The recipe is famous for its preparation using meat but for pure vegetarians it can be prepared just with vegetables.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||15-30 mins|
Ingredients for Thukpa Gya-Thuk Noodle Soup
- meat (beef/pork/mutton/chicken), mince-250 gm
- egg noodles-300 gm
- Finely chopped onion-2
- Chopped onion leaves-1 tbsp
- Chopped garlic-3 flakes
- Sliced green chili-4
- Clear bone soup (beef/ pork/ mutton / chicken stock)- 3 litres
- salt -1 tsp
How to make Thukpa Gya-Thuk Noodle Soup
- Firstly fry some chopped onions with green chillies and garlic and then add sliced meat in it and fry it for 10mins.
- Add some salt in the mixture as per your taste and put it aside after cooking.
- Now boil 4ltr water actively in it and then drop noodles in the hot water and boil them for 2mins and stir it occasionally.
- Now place the noodles through a large strainer and to stop them from sticking run them over cold water.
- Now squeeze out all the water from noodles and put it in a serving bowl.
- Now pour some hot soup in the bowl with noodles.
- Place the finely chopped green onion leaves and fried meat-onion mixture on top of it.
- Thukpa/Gya-thuk is prepared and ready to serve hot.
Some Useful Tips
Firstly boil some water in a saucepan and then only add egg noodles in it.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spinach Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Milan Style Soup