It is a lime roasted Thai chicken recipe which is awesome in taste and has crispy chicken skin from outside and soft meat inside it. The sweet lime taste of this roasted chicken recipe makes it a superb meal which can be served at any social get together as well as for common day meals.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Thai Chicken
- soy sauce-1/4 cup
- fish sauce-1/4 cup
- hot pepper sauce-1 1/2 tbsp
- minced garlic-3 cloves
- minced fresh ginger root-1 tbsp
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts halves divided in thin strips-4
- dry jasmine rice-1 cup
- water-2 cups
- sesame oil-1 tbsp
- brown sugar-3 tbsp
- Sliced quartered onion-1 small
- Water-3/4 cup
- creamy peanut butter-3 tbsp
- cashew nuts(without salt)-1 cup
How to make Thai Chicken
- Take a reseal plastic bag and combine ginger, garlic, fish sauce, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce, in it and also put chicken in bag and properly seal it and season it for 2 hrs atleast in fridge.
- Now take a medium size saucepan and put 2 cup of water and jasmine rice in it and simmer it. Now lower down the heat and cover it properly and cook it for another 20mins.
- Now take a large pan heat some sesame oil in it on medium flame and mix brown sugar in it and stir till it gets completely submersed.
- Mix onion in the mixture and stir it and cook it for 5mins till it gets tendered and save the rest of solution
- Now put chicken in the pan and simmer it for round about 10 minutes till it becomes brown in color.
- Finally mix ¾ cup of water and saved marinade mixture in the pan and boil it.
- Now carry on with this cooking process and stir it again for 10 minutes till the juices gets dry and chicken loses its pink color.
- Now mix it completely in peanut butter and it can be served with jasmine rice and some cashews distributed all around it.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Salmon fruit curry
- Chettinad fish curry
- Gluay guan(Thia banana cake)
- Brinjal curry with garlic
- Gobi matar curry