Szechwan Chicken and Cashews
Cashew Szechwan Chicken is unique, spicy and delicious chicken recipe .And the important thing about this recipe is that it can be prepared either with meatless chicken substitute or free range actual chicken.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||40 mins|
Ingredients for Szechwan Chicken And Cashews
- Boned chicken breasts-2
- corn flour-1 level tbs.
- 1 lightly beaten white egg
- peanut oil-2 tbsp
- freshly grated ginger-2.5cm
- unsalted cashew nuts-100g
- Chopped spring onions-2
- crushed dried chillies-1 teaspoon
- hoi sin sauce-2 tsp
- Dry sherry-1 tbs.
- Add salt according to taste
- Sesame oil-1 tsp.
- Sugar-1 tsp
How to make Szechwan Chicken And Cashews
- Firstly properly skin the chicken and divide the flesh in 2.5cm cubes.
- Now coat chicken cubes with corn flour and shaking off all the excess material
- Now put it in a large bowl with white egg white and mix it well.
- Now cover it properly and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- At the same time take a frying pan and heat some peanut oil in it over medium flame.
- Now add cashew nuts in the mixture and start frying it and do this till it becomes light golden brown and then remove it with a slotted spoon and soak it on kitchen paper.
- Now allow it to cool for30mins and after it cools down then reheat the oil in the frying pan till it becomes hot and then add chicken in it and stir-fry it till it becomes hard and golden in color.
- Now remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and soak it on a kitchen paper.
- Again heat the oil and put dried chilies, onions, ginger in it and then stir fry it for about 1 minute then pour in salt, sherry and Hoisin sauce in it and mix it well.
- Now add some chicken pieces in the mixture and stir-fry it again for 2 minutes.
- Now add sugar and sesame oil to the mixture and then mix cashews in it.
- Finally transfer it on warm plate and it is ready to serve.
Szechwan Chicken And Cashews
Other Similar Recipes
- Friday Night Kung Pao Chicken
- Chicken Stir Fry