A hot and spicy chicken recipe which is full of flavor. There are a lot of ingredients used in this recipe but they can be mixed together very easily and quickly just by following this method.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Szechuan Chicken
- boneless chicken divided into cubes-1 lb
- ginger garlic paste-2 tsp
- chili paste-1 tsp
- 1 finely beaten egg
- corn flour-3 tbsp
- soy sauce-2 tbsp
- Use oil for deep frying
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Fresh minced ginger -1 tsp
- Fresh minced garlic-1 tsp
- spring chopped onions-2
- dried red chilies-2
- chicken stock-3 /4 cup
- soy sauce-1 tbsp
- vinegar-1 tbsp
- sugar-1 ½ tsp
- tomato sauce-1/ 3 cup
- chili sauce-1 tsp
- ajinomoto / MSG-1 pinch
- corn flour mixed with water-1 tbsp
- Add freshly ground black pepper according to taste
- Add salt as per your taste
- toasted sesame seeds-1 tsp
- 1 spring onion cut
How to make Szechuan Chicken
- Firstly mix all ingredients under marinade and allow the chicken to season for atleast 30mins.
- Now heat some oil in the pan, deep fry chicken pieces in it and put it aside.
- Again heat some oil and then fry garlic, ginger, spring onions and red chilies in it.
- Now except cornstarch add all remaining ingredients altogether and boil them.
- Now add corn starch which is mixed in water and cook it until the sauce becomes thick.
- Now add the fried chicken in it and mix it properly so the sauce properly forms a coating on it and then remove it from heat.
- Finally decorate it by putting spring onions and sesame seeds on it.
- The recipe is now prepared and can be serve well hot with fried rice.
Some Useful Tips
- If the chicken is slightly frozen then it becomes easier to slice it down.
- To make recipe easier use readymade green chili and ginger garlic paste for the marinade