Spongy Chicken is a type of spicy fried chicken which is a spongy, juicy, spicy and crispy in taste. A type OF colorful dish favored among all Indians. Once started you can’t stop yourself from eating just one piece but you will go on eating more and more.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Spongy Chicken
- ½ kg Chicken ( boneless chicken divided into 1-1/2 inch pieces is preferred)
- 2 tsp Yogurt
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp of Corn flour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour / Maida
- 4 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp of Garam masala powder
- 2 tsp of Vinegar/ Lemon juice
- 1 Egg
- Add 1 tsp Salt or as per your taste
- Use Oil for deep frying
How to make Spongy Chicken
- Firstly combine all the ingredients and add chicken pieces to this marinade then mix it again constantly. Now season it and cover it for about 2 to 4 hours in a fridge.
- Now heat some oil in a normal kadhai and wait till the oil becomes hot then start deep frying the chicken pieces and do this till it becomes reddish brown.
- Now it is prepared and can be serve hot and garnished with tomato slices, lemon wedges or onion rings and don’t forget to add deep fried green chilies which will make the snack more delicious.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spicy sweet potato fries recipe
- Spicy pumpkin fries recipe
- Spicy spongy chicken fry
- Spicy oven fried chicken
- Spongy fried chicken