Southern Fried Chicken
Southern fried chicken recipe is the base of fried chicken recipes and is most famous among all. It is crispy from outer portion but juicy from inside and is delicious in taste. To prepare this yummy fried chicken recipe follow this procedure.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Southern Fried Chicken recipe
- Dried chillies-3
- Poppy seeds (khuskhus)- 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds-2 tbsp
- Cumin seed (jeeras)- 1/2 tsp
- Ground turmeric (haldi)- 1 tsp
- Ground ginger (adrak)- 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut (kaju)-6
- Hot water-2 cups (500ml)
- Chopped Onion (Pyaj)- 4 small
- Crushed garlic (lasan)- 4 cloves
- No of chicken breast fillets divided in 3 cm pieces-6
- 1 lemon juice
How to make Southern Fried Chicken
- Firstly mix coriander, cumin, ginger, turmeric, poppy seeds, cashew nuts and chilies in a spice grinder or blender. Mix it well to form a smooth paste.
- Now mix some coconut in a bowl with about 150ml hot water and allow it to stand for 3 minutes. Now gently press the coconut through purifier and reserve the milk.
- Now pour 350ml hot water over the coconut and allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Gently pass it through sieve and reserve the milk left.
- Now start melting some ghee in a frying pan and mix garlic, onions and spice paste in it and stir it for 3 minutes.
- Now finally add the chicken in the mixture and fry it from all sides till it becomes brown and then remove it and leave it aside.
- Now pour around 350ml coconut milk in the pan, boil the sauce and do this till it reduces and becomes thick.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Southern Style Deep-Fried Chicken
- Deviled Fried Chicken
- Chili Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Low Carb Southern Fried Chicken