The Royal Chicken Recipe is a tasty chicken recipe which is easy to prepare. This recipe contains chicken legs (basically drumstick and thigh), onion and carrot which goes well with steamed rice and it can be prepared in a really quick time.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
Ingredients for Royal Chicken
- Leg pieces of Chicken -12 large
- Ghee -75 grams
- Sliced Onion - 100 grams
- Small Cardamom -six
- Big Cardamom -two
- Cloves -Three
- Cinnamon -one stick
- Distorted Garlic Paste- 25 grams
- Distorted Ginger Paste -25 grams
- Tazza Dhania -10g
- Turmeric (Haldi) -4.5 gms
- Red chili Powder (Lal Mirchi) -3 gms
- Add Salt (Namak) according to taste
- Yoghurt-100 gms
- Clear Chicken Stock-1 litre
- Cream (Malai) -60 ml
- Nutmeg (Jaiphal) -1/2
- Tazza Dhania-12
How to make Royal Chicken
- Firstly clean the chicken properly, remove its skin and then debone the chicken.
- Now divide each of the breasts in 3 equal sized pieces widthwise and then wash them and pat dry.
- Now heat some ghee in a pan and mix cinnamon, onions, black cardamom, green cardamom, and cloves in it.
- Now start frying it on a medium flame and do this until onions become glossy and translucent.
- Now mix the prepared ginger and garlic pastes in it and stir it for about 30 seconds.
- Now red chilli powder, coriander and turmeric should be mixed properly in the mixture and then stir it.
- Now combine 120 ml cup of chicken stock and add salt according to taste and stir it well.
- Now start boiling it and reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for some time.
- It should be stirred constantly and check that the onions in the mixture are mashed properly.
- Now remove pan from the heat and mix it in yoghurt.
- Now put the pan again on heat and then stir fry it till all the liquid evaporates and then mix 480 ml cup of chicken stock to it.
- Now boil it again and reduce the heat and cover the recipe properly and allow it to simmer for some time.
- Stirring should be done occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Now mix the grated nutmeg in it and stir it well and cover it and allow it to simmer on a low flame until the gravy becomes thin.
- Now finally remove it from heat and adjust seasoning on it.
- Now place the recipe in a bowl and garnish it with coriander.
- Now the recipe is prepared and can be served with phulka.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Garlic roast chicken
- Chicken with bean sprouts
- Honey roast chicken steak
- Chicken with ham and lettuce
- Chicken with cashew nuts