Roast Chicken Provencal
This delicious roasted chicken recipe is prepared with traditional herbs obtained from olive oil and provence. The recipe should not be confused with Chicken Provencal which prepared with tomatoes and black olives.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30-45 mins|
Ingredients for Roast Chicken Provencal
- Dried herbes de Provence-2 tablespoons
- Fresh lemon juice-2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt-2 teaspoons
- Black pepper-1/2 teaspoon
- Minced garlic- 3 cloves
- Roasted chicken- 1 (7-pound)
- 1 small onion(quartered )
- Use cooking spray
- Sauvignon Blanc or other dry white wine-1/3 cup
- Fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth-2/3 cup
- Chilled butter divided into small pieces-1 tablespoon
How to make Roast Chicken Provencal
- Firstly preheat the oven to 400° and then take a bowl and mix first 5 ingredients in it and mash them properly to form a paste.
- Now remove and discard neck and giblets from the chicken and clean the chicken with cold water and pat it dry.
- Now start trimming the excess fat of the chicken and start doing this from the neck cavity and then loosen up the skin from drumsticks and breast by inserting fingers and gently pushing it between skin and meat.
- Now the seasoning mixture prepared should be rubbed under loosened skin.
- Now place an onion in the body cavity and then lift the wing tips up and over back and tuck it under chicken and then by using the string tie the legs together
- Now take a broiler pan and place the chicken coated with cooking spray in the pan with its breast side up.
- And then insert the meat thermometer in the breast and make sure it doesn’t touch bones
- Start the baking process and do this at 400° for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or till the thermometer registers 180°.
- Now remove the chicken from the broiler pan and cover it with foil and allow it to stand for 10 minutes and then discard the skin.
- Now take a zip top plastic bag and place the chicken inside a 2-cup glass measure.
- Now pour all the pan drippings in the bag and allow it to stand for 5 minutes because of which all fat will rise to the top).
- Now seal the bag properly and snip off 1 bottom corner of bag very carefully
- Now again drain the drippings in the pan and stop it before the fat layer opens up and then discard the fat.
- Finally the pan is placed on a medium-high flame and put some wine in it which will alow to scrap the pan so that it loses browned bits.
- Now add broth in the recipe and boil it and cook it till it is reduced to 2/3 cup.
- Lastly remove the recipe from heat and add some butter in it and stir it using a whisk till the well blends.
- Now the recipe is prepared and can be served with sauce.
Roast Chicken Provencal
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Stuffed chicken breast in curry
- Herb roasted chicken
- Pan Roasted chicken