The name of this delicious kebab recipe is derived from the juicy, succulence of the meat which is used in its preparation. The marinade in which it is soaked is the reason the meat gets this way. It can be served well with hot naans, thinly sliced onions and Mint-Coriander Chutney. It is basically a Muglai kebab recipe in which scallops or prawns can be used as an alternative for chicken. Follow this simple method to learn the preparation of Reshmi Kabab.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Reshmi Kabab
- Chicken breast halves - divided into 1-1/2 inch pieces-2 Pounds (Skinless, boneless)
- Almonds -6
- Garlic-8 Cloves
- Peppers (seeded and chopped) -6 Jalapeno
- Fresh ginger root(peeled)-1 Inch piece
- Lemon(juiced )-1
- Heavy cream-1/2 Cup
- Chopped fresh cilantro -1 Cup
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Add salt according to taste
How to make Reshmi Kabab
- Firstly soak some almonds in water for about 15 to 20 minutes and then drain it.
- Now put the drained almonds, ginger, garlic, cilantro and peppers in the food processor bowl and blend it until it smoothens.
- Now add some salt in the mixture and blend cream and lemon juice in it.
- Now place this mixture into a big non metallic bowl and put chicken in it and turn it to coat.
- Now cover it properly and marinate in the refrigerator for atleast 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill on a high flame and pound the oil lightly.
- Now the meat should be taken off from the marinade and thread onto the skewers.
- Now start brushing the chicken with butter and properly arrange the skewers on hot grate and cook it thoroughly.
- Now Silken Kebabs are prepared and ready to serve.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chapli Kabab
- Quick cream of chicken soup
- Maloor chicken
- Malai murg
- Pepper Chicken