Red Chilli Chicken
Red chili chicken is considered as the one of the best in all varieties of chicken (grilled, roasted, baked etc). It is quite spicy, juicy, soft and delicious. The addition of big dose of chili powder makes the dish spicy and due to this the color of chicken appears red.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||45-60 mins|
Ingredients for Red Chilli Chicken
- Red beans(small) or kidney beans-2 (14 oz) cans
- Chicken breast halves(diced)-4 boneless
- Olive oil-1 tablespoon
- Butter-1 tablespoon
- Green bell pepper (diced)- 1 medium
- Red bell pepper (diced)- 1 medium
- Chopped onion-1/2 cup
- Minced garlic-1 clove
- Chili powder-1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin-1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes-1 (28 oz) can
- Tomato paste-1 (6 oz) can
- Chopped green chili peppers-1 (4 oz) can
- Water-1 cup
- Sugar-1 teaspoon
- Ground red pepper (cayenne)- 1/8 teaspoon
How to make Red Chilli Chicken
- Firstly take a 5-quart Dutch oven or kettle and put it on high flame and pour 1 tablespoon hot olive oil in the oven and start cooking the chicken till it gets tendered and stir it frequently for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now with the help of a slotted spoon take out the chicken in bowl and refrigerate it till it gets ready to be added back to chili.
- Now add some butter in the same pan and put it on medium flame and start cooking the red and green, garlic and onion and do this till the vegetables gets tendered.
- Stir it occasionally and then put some cumin and chili powder in it and cook it for about 1 minute.
- Now mix tomatoes with their liquid, kidney beans with their liquid, green chili peppers, tomato paste, sugar, ground red pepper and water in it and put it on high flame and start boiling.
- Reduce the heat down to low flame and boil the mixture uncovered for about 25 to 30 minutes, and stir it occasionally in the process.
Red Chilli Chicken
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spicy Khichda
- Chilli Chicken Fry