Pepper Chicken in Coconut Gravy
Pepper Chicken in Coconut Gravy is a unique and delicious Chicken recipe. Follow this simple method to learn preparation of Pepper Chicken in coconut gravy.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Pepper Chicken in Coconut Gravy
- Chicken divided into medium pieces-2 lb
- Pepper powder-3 tbsp
- Crushed Garlic -3-4 flakes and a small piece of crushed ginger
- Grated coconut-1/2 cup
- Butter -3-4 tbsp
- Cinnamon -3-4 sticks
- Cloves-3 to 4
- Cardamoms -3 to 4
- No of tomatoes in small pieces-2
- Coriander powder-3 tsp
- Medium chopped onions-2
- Chili powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds or powder-1 tsp
- Add salt according to taste
- Use coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make Pepper Chicken in a Coconut Gravy
- Firstly apply some salt and 2 tbsp of pepper powder on chicken pieces.
- Now the chicken pieces should be pierced with help of fork and allow the chicken to marinate for few hours.
- Now start heating the butter in the pan and then fry all the chicken pieces one by one.
- It should not be deep-fried but fried just like frying onions.
- Now all the fried chicken pieces should be kept aside.
- Now fry ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms and the sliced onions in the same butter.
- When onions start turning brown then add chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder turmeric and fry it for about 1-2 minutes.
- Now add tomatoes and grated coconut in it and keep frying.
- Now the remaining pepper powder should be added and then fry it for a minute.
- Now add some water in it to get thick gravy mixture.
- Now put the fried chicken pieces in the gravy and add salt according to taste.
- Now boil it for another 10 to 15 minutes until the chicken get mixed with pepper masala.
- Now you can garnish it with coriander leaves and can be served hot with rice.
Some Useful Tips
- If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Pepper chicken fry
- Black chicken with garlic and coconut
- Kashmiri chicken
- Fried chicken masala
- Axhari murgh chicken