Peanut Chicken is a unique and yummy Chicken recipe. By this simple method we will learn how to prepare Peanut Chicken.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Peanut Chicken
- Chicken pieces divided into 1 1/2 inch wide chunks or strips-3 lbs (boneless and skinless)[ ( you can also use bone-in for added flavor)]
- Flour-1/2 cup
- Curry powder-4 Tbsp
- Kosher salt-2 teaspoons
- Freshly ground peppercorns-1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil-1/2 cup
- fresh ginger (minced)-2 Tbsp
- Minced garlic-2 Tbsp
- Chili peppers (seeded, de-veined, minced)-2 serrano
- Chicken broth-4 cups
- Peanut butter -1/2 cup (Add 2 teaspoons of sugar if you are using freshly ground peanuts)
- Ground coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
- Chopped onions-8 green
- Finely chopped mint and cilantro-1/3 cup each
- No of limes cut into wedges-2
How to make Peanut Chicken
- Firstly clean the chicken properly and pat it dry.
- Now take a small solid paper bag and mix pepper, salt, flour, curry powder in it and shake it well. Now add chicken pieces in it and shake it to form a good coating.
- Now take large saucepan and heat some oil in it on a medium high flame and then add chicken pieces in it.
- Now cook it for about 5-10 minutes mainly depending on size of chicken pieces and then toss it occasionally so that the chicken is evenly cooked.
- Now again add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, garlic, ginger and chili pepper to the saucepan. Start cooking it and do this for about 3 minutes, scraping the pan with help of spatula and then stir it properly so that everything is mixed perfectly.
- Add some peanut butter and do the stirring quickly so that it get incorporated with the chicken. Now add remaining 3 1/2 cups of broth slowly and efficiently and then stir it continuously so that it maintains an even texture.
- Now sauté it for 10 minutes and just before serving the recipe add some green onions and coriander in it and add Salt according to taste.
- It can be served with rice too
Some Useful Tips
- If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Thai style grilled peanut chicken
- Peanut butter chicken skewers
- Peanut chicken breasts
- Thai peanut chicken
- Peanut butter chicken