Paupiette of Chicken
It is another form of roulades which can be either in form of fish, rolled meat or poultry and containing some delicious filling inside it which creates a delightful spiral effect when served. Paupiettes are quite different from roulades and are usually more delicate (fish or chicken basically) and even they are cooked very gently.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Paupiette of Chicken
- Pounded chicken breasts-4
- Ham slices-4
- Small diced onion-1
- Minced garlic-5 cloves
- Chopped parsley-2 tablespoons
- Veggie stock-1 cup
- Peeled tomatoes-1/2 pound
- Butter-3 tablespoons
- Flour-1 tablespoon
- Add Salt and pepper according to taste
How to make Paupiette Of Chicken
- Firstly the chicken breasts should be pounded and to do this, it should be placed on a cutting board with soft side up and then cover it with a plastic wrap and pound it till it becomes thinner. And then add pepper and salt to each chicken breast.
- Start heating some butter (1tbsp) in a skillet and by other side cook parsley and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Now place a slice of ham on each chicken breast and then spread the garlic mixture.
- Now fold it in half and hold it tight with a toothpick.
- Again heat 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet and brown the chicken breasts from each side till it becomes golden brown and do this for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Now take a large saucepan and heat 1 tablespoon butter in it and simmer the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add flour in the mixture and mix it well.
- Now add some tomatoes and mash them well using a potato masher or fork and adjust the seasoning.
- Now finally add chicken breasts, cover it and then cook it for about 20 minutes on medium flame and serve it with pasta
Some Useful Tips
- If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Andhra Chicken Fry
- Chicken Saffron Biryani
- Kadai Chicken
- Dum Chicken
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Curry
- Chicken Fajitas
- Chilly Chicken
- Murg Lajawab