Oriental Pistachio Chicken
The Chinese Oriental Pistachio Chicken is very tasty recipe which can be prepared with the help of below mentioned ingredients list .Follow this simple method to prepare this delicious Chinese Food.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Oriental Pistachio Chicken
- Shredded rotisserie chicken-1-1/2 cups
- Chopped dried apricots-1/3 cup
- Mayonnaise-2 tablespoons
- Sour cream-2 tablespoons
- Pistachios(coarsely chopped) -4 teaspoons
- Prepared horseradish-1 teaspoon
- Stone-ground mustard-1 teaspoon
- Honey-1 teaspoon
- Dash salt
- Dash white pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Sourdough bread-4 slices
- Lettuce leaves-2 Bibb
- Tomato-2 slices
- Sweet onion-2 slices
How to make Oriental Pistachio Chicken
- For the pistachio chicken and olive roulade, firstly boil a saucepan of water.
- Now open the chicken breast out on a piece of heatproof cling film and then cover it with another sheet of cling film and flatten it up with a meat mallet or rolling pin and then discard the top layer of cling film.
- Now mix the rapeseed oil, olives and pistachio nuts in a food processor and form a paste of this mixture.
- Now season it with fresh ground black pepper and spread the prepared pistachio paste over the flattened chicken breast.
- Now cover this chicken with some spinach leaves and roll up the chicken up tightly in sausage shape and then twist both the ends of the cling film to seal it.
- Now carefully put the wrapped chicken in the boiling water and poach it for about 6 to 8 minutes and then take it out from the water and leave it aside.
- Now start heating a chargrill pan on a high flame and when the chicken becomes cool enough then remove cling film from it and then rub some olive oil on the chicken.
- Now put the chicken in the chargrill pan and start cooking it for about 1-2 minutes or till it becomes golden-brown in color.
- Divide the chicken roulade half diagonally and leave it aside on a warm place with a plate covered on it.
- To prepare Asian noodles start heating some butter and olive oil in a frying pan on a medium flame.
- Now add the cooked noodles and mix parley and the chopped chillies in it and season it as per the taste of freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Now wrap these chilli noodles around a large serving fork and leave it aside on a warm plate.
- To prepare the red wine sauce and juniper berry start heating a saucepan on a medium flame and then add juniper berries in it and cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes to soften
- Now add some red wine in it and boil it for about 4 to 5 minutes or till the volume of liquid becomes half.
- Now add 1 tbsp of butter in it and stir it till it melts and the sauce becomes glossy.
- To prepare cucumber salad and lettuce, place these lettuce leaves in a large serving bowl with some chopped cucumber, tomatoes and carrot ribbons.
- Now mix lemon juice and some oil together with the mixture and then season it as per taste. Now pour the dressing on the lettuce leaves and then toss the vegetables in the bowl to coat them.
- To prepare the pickled cucumber salad, firstly mix chilli flakes and some white wine vinegar in a small bowl and then season it with black pepper.
- The cucumber should be soaked in the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now start boiling a saucepan of water and add the mange tout in it and cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes or till it gets tendered.
- Drain it well and leave it aside.
- While serving arrange the stuffed chicken halves in the centre so that one portion of the chicken is resting on the other.
- And arrange mange tout in a fan shape alongside the chicken and place the rolled Asian noodles on the other side of the plate.
Some Useful Tips
- If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chilly Chicken
- Chicken Saffron Biryani
- Murg Lajawab
- Grilled Chicken
- Chilli Chicken with Gravy
- Chicken Curry
- Pepper Chicken
- Kadai Chicken
- Chicken Biryani
- Chicken Fajitas