Oriental Brown Rice
Oriental Brown Rice is a delicious and unique recipe which can be prepared easily at home. Follow this procedure to prepare this recipe at home.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Oriental Brown Rice
- Hot tap water-3 cups
- Salt-1 teaspoon
- Uncooked brown rice-1 cup
- Frozen pea pods -1 package (6 ounces)
- Frozen Chinese vegetables-1 package (10 ounces)
- Soy sauce -1 tablespoon
- Ground ginger-1/4 teaspoon
How to make Oriental Brown Rice
- Firstly mix salt and water in a 2-quart glass casserole and cover it with a plastic wrap.
- Now heat this in a microwave oven to boiling for about 8 minutes.
- Now add some rice to this boiling water and stir it.
- Now cover it completely and start cooking it in microwave oven for about 45 minutes on medium heat or till the water is completely absorbed.
- Take it out from oven and cover it for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the Chinese vegetables and pea pods in a 2-quart glass casserole.
- Start heating it uncovered in oven for about 5 minutes at high heat and then stirs it once.
- Now add soy sauce, vegetables and ginger to rice in it and stir again.
- Now again heat it uncovered in microwave for about 2 minutes at high heat and then stir.
Some Useful Tips
- If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Kadai Chicken
- Chicken Saffron Biryani
- Chicken Curry
- Murg Lajawab
- Chilli Chicken with Gravy
- Chilly Chicken
- Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Biryani
- Chicken Fajitas