Murgi Aur Alloo Ka Sauce
Murgi Aur ALloo Ka Sauce is a very unique and delicious Chicken recipe. Follow this simple method to learn the preparation of Murgi aur aloo ka sauce.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Murgi Aur Alloo Ka Sauce
- Skinned Chicken -3lb (Small pieces)
- 7 peeled potatoes
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of white malt vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree mixed with hot water
- ½ lb of onions divided into fine half rings
- 6 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 4 oz of pitted dried apricots
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 10 cloves
- 7 cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 2 “ broken cinnamon stick
- 4 whole dried red chilies
- Use oil for deep frying
How to make Murgi Aur Alloo Ka Sauce
- Use the grinder to grind cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and cumin altogether.
- Now take a big bowl and put chicken in it and now ½ teaspoon of garlic, 1teaspoon of grated ginger and nearly half of the dried spice mixture on the chicken. Mix it properly and gently and then rub the seasoning on the chicken and leave it aside for 1 hr to marinate.
- Now put the apricots with 3/4pt water with it in a pan. Now start boiling it on a low heat flame and boil it till it gets tendered. Now turn off the heat and leave it in juice form.
- Now start heating 6 tablespoon oil in a pan on a medium flame and then add onions in it and fry it till it turns reddish brown in color. Now again turn the heat to medium and add the remaining ginger, dry spice mix and garlic in it. Now add chicken and then cook it for about 5 minutes and then add salt and tomato puree.
- Put it to boil but cover it and reduce the heat to low flame and keep boiling for 20 minutes. Now add sugar and vinegar and then cover it and boil it for another 10 minutes. Now turn off the heat and spoon off the fat from the surface. Now take the pan and put 3 tbsp of juice and the apricots in it with the chicken and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Now take a large bowl with 3pts of water in it to make potatoes straw and then add salt in it and mix it. Now mince the potatoes coarsely and then put them in the bowl of water and stir them.
- Now take out the potatoes from the bowl and squeeze out as much water as possible. Start drying them on kitchen paper. Now heat some oil in a pan and add the potatoes straw. Now start frying it till it becomes crispy and pale golden in color and then drain it on the paper towel. Start heating the chicken and it can be served it with potatoes straws.
Some Useful Tips
If you are thinking of preparing garlic, fresh chilli and ginger pastes at home, then make sure you add tablespoon of canola/hot vegetable/ sunflower cooking oil to the paste and mix it well this will ensure a longer life for the paste prepared. Refrigerate and use it as per your requirement.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken makhani
- Mughlai Chicken Recipe
- Malai chicken recipe
- Murgh musallam recipe
- Chicken korma
- Coca cola chicken