Murgh Mirch Masala
Murgh Mirch Masala is a very tasty combination of chicken, coconut and spices. Learn how to prepare Murgh Mirch Masala by following this simple and easy recipe.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Murgh Mirch Masala
- Boneless chicken- 300g
- Green chilies- 12
- Oil- 75g
- Grated coconut- 75g
- Poppy seeds- 20g
- Garam masala- 2 tsp
- Fresh curds- 1 cup
- Fresh cream- ¼ cup
- Finely chopped onions- 3
- Ginger- garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves- 1 sprigs
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Chili powder- ¼ tsp
- Salt as needed
How to make Murgh Mirch Masala
- Make a fine paste of poppy seeds and coconut y adding a little water. Set it aside.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. Fry the finely chopped onions until they turn golden brown in color.
- Put in ground coconut paste, ginger-garlic paste, chili powder and turmeric and fry for few more minutes.
- Drop in yoghurt and fresh cream. Mix it all well. Set it on high flames and keep boiling till the gravy is thick. Take it off the heat and keep on the side.
- Take the remaining amount of oil in another pan and fry the green chilies in it till they splutter.
- Put in the chicken pieces and fry them well.
- Pour in the gravy already made and also sprinkle salt and garam masala.
- Keep cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take off the flames and garnish with fresh green coriander.
- Serve it hot. It goes with either plain rice or chappatis.
Some Useful Tips
To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken Ki Chap
- Varutha Kozhi Kuzhambu
- Kozhi Ada
- Dum ka Murg
- Murg Zafarani