Methi Chicken is a chicken recipe prepared in fenugreek leaves. It’s a simple and very delicious recipe. Learn how to prepare Methi Chicken by following this recipe.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Methi Chicken
- Garam masala powder- 1 tsp
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Curd- 1 cup
- Bay leaves- 2
- Chicken- 750g
- Kasoori methi- 2tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Chopped ginger- 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 tbsp
- Green chilies, chopped- 2
- Salt as needed
- Chopped onion- 2 cups
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
How to make Methi Chicken
- Chicken should be washed, leaned and cut into medium size pieces
- Take a pan and heat up oil in it
- Fry bay leaves and garam masala in it.
- Add in the cardamoms and keep frying.
- Toss in the onions and fry till they are golden brown
- Add in the garlic- ginger paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder and green chilies. Fry for a minute
- Drop in the chicken pieces as well as curd and fry on high heat for 7-8 minutes.
- Put in the kasoori methi , freshly cut coriander and garam masala powder. Pour in 3/4th cup water as well
- Put on the lid and let it simmer for 10 minutes
- Should be served hot.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Methi And Curd Gravy
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Feta
- Chicken With Dried Fruits
- Chicken Breasts With Sun Dried Tomatoes