Hot and Sour Chicken Dhansak
This recipe is made with chicken in lentils and lemon juice giving it an earthy and sour flavor as well. Learn how to make this recipe at home by following these steps.
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cooking Time||15 mins|
Ingredients for Hot And Sour Chicken Dhansak
- 2 cups of oil.
- ½ lb chicken cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 Sliced onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 8 hot chilies, dried
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/ sesame sauce
- 1 tbsp rice cooking oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch, liquefied
How to make Hot and Sour Chicken Dhansak
- Heat up oil in wok at high heat.
- Drop in the chicken pieces and deep fry for 2 minutes.
- Take another wok and heat up 2 tbsp cooking oil, sliced onion, garlic, celery, chilies and red bell peppers.
- Pour in chicken stock and fry for 2 minutes
- Toss in the chicken pieces and cook a bit.
- Drop in vinegar, rice cooking oil and soy sauce.
- Pour in the liquefied cornstarch
- Keep stirring till the sauce is thick.
- Hot and Sour Chicken Dhansak is ready to serve.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spicy Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Chicken
- Andhra Chicken Fry
- Chicken Curry