Green Chile Chicken
Green Chile Chicken is a Mexican dish which is a very unique chicken dish prepared with lots of chili. Learn more about this dish in the following.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||30-45 mins|
Ingredients for Green Chile Chicken
- Skinless chicken breasts, halved- 4
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Sliced green chilies- 1 ounce
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half- 1 cup
- Reduced- sodium chicken broth- ¾ cup
- Ground cumin- ½ tsp
- Crushed garlic- 1 clove
- Chopped fresh cilantro- 2 tbsp
How to make Green Chile Chicken
- Pound the meat to even size and shape. Sprinkle it with 1/8 tsp black pepper and ¼ tsp salt.
- Take a nonstick pan, heat up the oil in it and then add chicken breasts. Cook them for 6-7 minutes or until brown on both the sides. Transfer it to a platter and cover it with a foil.
- Put green chilies and tomatoes in the pan and sauté the a bit. Pour over the broth and bring it all to a boil.
- Drop in cumin and garlic and stir well. Toss in the chicken and mix it in well.
- Take it off the flames when done and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Super Easy Crockpot Green Chili Chicken
- Green Chili Chicken Breasts
- Chicken And Green Chiles Enchilada
- Green Chile Jack Chicken
- Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas