Grandma Chicken Curry
Grandma’s Chicken Curry is very easy to prepare recipe from the colonial times in India. Follow this recipe to prepare Grandma’s Chicken curry at home in an easy and simple manner.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Grandma Chicken Curry
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 4 green chilies
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 6 pods of garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1big potato, diced
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Grandma Chicken Curry
- Take a little bit of hot water and make a paste of coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and pepper powder.
- Sauté the onions in oil on medium heat in a pan.
- Put in green chilies, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drop in the earlier made paste.
- Keep stirring till the raw smell of spices is gone. Toss the chopped tomatoes and cook till oil starts separating. Set the flame to low and add chicken pieces.
- Keep stirring till chicken is coated with all the spice mixture and cook for 15-20 minutes. Add water and cook covered.
- When the dish is half done add the potatoes to it and 1 cup thin coconut milk.
- Cover the lid and cook further till done. Add thick coconut milk after taking the dish off the flames.
- Cover the dish and let it stand for 10 minutes. Add salt if needed.
Some Useful Tips
- Tomatoes should be added after putting in the chicken to avoid chicken getting a rubbery texture
Other Similar Recipes
- Spicy Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Spring Chicken
- Chicken Curry
- Chicken Biryani