Gongura chicken is very spicy and delicious recipe from Goa. Prepare this recipe at home by following this simple recipe.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Gongura Chicken
- 250g chicken
- 1 whole bunch of Gongura leaves
- 1 big onion
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger- garlic paste
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 sprig or coriander leaves
- Curry leaves
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
How to make Gongura Chicken
- Marinate chicken pieces with enough salt and turmeric powder for 1/2 hr. Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric and salt and leave for 30 min.
- Boil some water and cook Gongura leaves and red chilies in it for a while.
- Then grind them to a paste
- Heat up oil in a pan and sauté the onions.
- Drop in the ginger- garlic paste and curry leaves into it.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder to it and saute it for a while. Put in coriander powder, red chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala to it and sauté it for a while
- Toss in chicken pieces and coriander leaves and cook till chicken is done.
- Put in the Gongura leaves paste and cook further.
- Use coriander leaves for garnishing.
Some Useful Tips
- You can use the Gongura leaves directly instead of making it into a paste. Use the green chilies with a split instead then.
- Depending on the quality/type of meat used the time for cooking may vary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Pepper Chicken
- Bhuna Gosht
- Chicken Tikka
- Chicken Khorma
- Reshmi Kheema