Garlic Roast Chicken
Garlic Roast Chicken is recipe from famous chef Julia child. This is wonderful recipe of chicken in herb dressing. Learn how to make this recipe at home by following this simple recipe.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
Ingredients for Garlic Roast Chicken
- Lemons, halved and juiced- 2
- Thyme- 4 sprigs
- Rosemary- 2 sprigs
- Crushed, unpeeled garlic cloves- 6
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Whole chicken
- Sliced onion- 1
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Chicken stock or broth- ½ cup
- Walnut/ hazelnut oil- 1 tbsp
- Watercress, stemmed, washed and dried- 2 bunches
How to make Garlic Roast Chicken
- Take large mixing bowl, put in thyme, lemons and lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, salt and black pepper. Mix it all together and then put in the chicken and coat the chicken in this mixture from all the sides. Make sure you fill the cavity with this mixture and tie both the legs together.
- Take a baking dish and place the onions on the bottom. Place the chicken on it and pour over the rest of the liquid. Drizzle olive oil on the chicken and season with salt and place it in an oven which has been preheated at a temperature of 400° F, for 75 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil again while you make the sauce.
- Take out the chicken on a plate and cover it with a foil. Pour over the chicken broth on the baking dish and scrape up all the juices or material at the bottom of the pan. Take it all out in a bowl and add in the walnut/ hazelnut oil. Whisk it all together and season with salt or pepper if required.
- For serving take watercress in a large bowl and toss it with hot sauce. Place the chicken on it and spoon over the sauce on it.
Garlic Roast Chicken
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Lemon Roast Chicken
- Caramelized Lemon Chicken
- Roast Chicken
- Gluten Free Fried Chicken
- Marinated Chicken And Pork