Chicken pieces delicately cooked with coriander leaves masala. If you like the taste and flavor of coriander leaves a lot, try this one at home for a change. Follow these easy steps to make coriander chicken at home.
|Preparation Time||25 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Coriander Chicken
- Skinless chicken pieces- 3 lb
- Ground coriander- 2 tbsp
- Chopped garlic - 3
- Plain yoghurt- 5 ounces
- Chicken stock cube- 1
- Black pepper- 1 tsp
- Mixed spice- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Warm water- 4 ounces
- Ground almonds- 1 ounce
- Sliced onion-1
- Hard boiled eggs- 2
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Oil- 5 tbsp
- Salt as required.
How to make Coriander Chicken
- Clean the chicken and cut the joints into 2.
- Mix curd and garlic and marinate the chicken with it and leave it overnight.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Once done take out the onions and set it aside.
- Cook mixed spice, black pepper, coriander and turmeric for 30 seconds.
- Toss in the chicken and add curd.
- Cook it all for 5 more minutes over medium flames.
- Put in stock cube, chili powder, onions, water and salt as needed.
- Once all of it has boiled over once, lower the flames and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Put in almonds.
- Use sliced eggs and some paprika to garnish the dish before serving
Some Useful Tips
- Keep in mind that the gravy will thicken as the recipe rests, so adjust accordingly but do not make the gravy too watery. You can also lessen the amount of spices to suit your taste.
Other Similar Recipes
- Lemon And Coriander Soup
- Coriander Chutney
- Carrot And Coriander Soup
- Chicken Rezala
- Chilli Coriander Fried Rice