Copper chicken is a fried chicken recipe in which chicken is coated with flour and spices before being deep fried. It can be eaten as a snack or starter.
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Copper Chicken
- Whole chicken
- Garlic cloves- 24
- Orange peel, grated- 1
- Bay leaves- 2
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary- 2
- Chopped rosemary- 1 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Paprika- 1 ¼ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Chicken stock- 3 ½ cups
- Melted butter or vegetable- 2 tbsp
How to make Copper Chicken
- Oven needs to be preheated at 400°.
- Mix pepper, salt and 1 tbsp of paprika together. Use this spice mixture to rub the chicken with. Stuff the cavity of chicken with garlic cloves, bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and half of the orange peel. Place the chicken in a baking dish. Make sure you bind the legs together before refrigerating it for 3-4 hours well wrapped. Before cooking make sure chicken it back to normal temperature.
- Pour in the stock till there is a 1 inch layer of stock. Put it in oven and bake for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and set it for being carved. Take out any remaining stock to a pan and bring to a boil over medium heat by stirring.
- Toss in the chopped rosemary, ¼ tbsp paprika, remaining orange peel and season as per taste with salt and pepper. Keep boiling this sauce until it is reduced by about 1/3rd.
- Take a platter and arrange carved chicken on it and serve along with it sauce in a separate bowl.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Paneer/Cheese Bhurji Recipe
- Chicken Pakora Recipe
- Feltuccine With Mixed Mushroom
- Bhoona Gosht Recipe
- Crabmeat And Seafood Soup