Coconut Chicken Fry
Coconut Chicken fry is perfumed with an assortment of spices to make a dish that goes well over rice or pasta. Learn how to make this recipe at home by just following these steps.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
Ingredients for Coconut Chicken Fry
- Vegetable or coconut oil- 3tbsp
- Cinnamon stick- 1
- Green cardamom- 6
- Cloves- 6
- Finely sliced onions- 6
- Curry leaves- 12
- Whole green chilies- 5 to 8
- Ginger pieces cut into thin strips- 1 ½ cm
- finely chopped cloves- 6
- chicken joints , skinned- 750g
- ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- garam masala- 2 tsp
- grated coconut- 180g
- lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
How to make Coconut Chicken Fry
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the cinnamon, cardamom pods and cloves and fry for 20-30 seconds, or until the spices are fragrant. Heat up some oil in a large pan on medium flames. Drop in cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves and fry till spices are fragrant.
- Toss in the onions and fry till they are golden brown.
- Add chilies, ginger, curry leaves and garlic and lower the flames and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drop in the chicken and stir fry for 4-5 minutes. Season it with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add garam masala and water. Make sure water is halfway up the chicken pieces. Bring it to a boil and cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes on low flames.
- Take off the lid and check if any water is still there. If there is any water left; increase the heat and boil it off while stirring continuously.
- Once there is no water left, add in the coconut and lemon juice and then cook for another 4-5 minutes with the cover on.
- Before serving garnish it with chopped coriander.
Coconut Chicken Fry
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Roast Chicken Recipe
- Tex-Mex Chicken Recipe
- Chicken And Ham Pie Recipe
- Brown Chicken Stock Recipe
- Braised Chicken, Smoked Bacon, Chestnuts And Ginger Recipe