Coco chicken is wonderful chicken dish prepared in coconut milk. It goes great with rice and vegetables. Learn how to prepare it with these simple steps.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||20 mins|
Ingredients for Coco Chicken
- Diced boneless and skinless chicken.
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Curry powder- 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Ground cumin 2 tbsp.
- Garam masala- 1 tbsp
- Red pepper flakes- ½ tsp.
- Diced onions- 1 cup
- Diced celery- 1 cup
- Diced red pepper- 1 cup
- Chicken stock- 2 cups
- Peeled and diced potato- 2 cups
- Coconut milk- 2 cups
How to make Coco Chicken
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, lemon juice garam masala and cumin powder.
- Marinate the chicken in this spice mixture and store in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Fry the chicken in a hot wok while stirring from time to time.
- Add diced onions, red pepper flakes, red pepper and celery.
- Keep cooking until onions get soft.
- Pour in the stock and add potatoes; cook till potatoes are done.
- Drop in coconut milk and cook for another 20 minutes.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Poulet Au Lalit Coco
- Coco’s Veal Fricassee
- I’m (Coco) Loco For Chicken Soup
- Coco Tuna Casserole
- Coco Cherry Chicken