Chinese Egg Rolls
Follow these simple and easy steps to prepare Chinese Egg Rolls. It is very unique and very tasty recipe which is easily made.
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cooking Time||45 mins|
Ingredients for Chinese Egg Rolls
- Vegetable oil- 4 tsp
- Beaten eggs- 3
- Finely chopped cabbage- 1
- Julienned Carrot- 1
- Shredded bamboo shoots- 1
- Shredded wood ear mushroom(dried)- 1
- Chinese barbecued pork- 1 pound
- Thinly sliced green onions- 1
- Soy sauce- 2 ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- MSG- ½ tsp
- Egg roll wraps- 1 pack
- Beaten egg white- 1
- Oil for deep frying
How to make Chinese Egg Rolls
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan on medium flames and pour in the beaten eggs and cook without stirring until done. Flip them over and cook from other side too. Set it aside to cool down and slice them into thin strips.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or a pan on high flames and drop in carrots and cabbage and then stir fry them for 2 minutes. Toss in mushrooms, green onions, bamboo, soy sauce, pork, sugar and MSG. Continue cooking till the vegetables are done. Throw in the sliced eggs, stir for a minute and take off the flames and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For assembling the egg rolls, place the wraps on a smooth surface and put 3 tbsp of the egg mixture on it and then brush the edges with beaten egg white and fold the sides carefully and seal the mixture in. Repeat this process for other egg rolls too and keep them covered with a plastic wrap.
- Heat oil to 350° F for deep frying in a wok or a deep- fryer.
- Deep fry already prepared egg rolls for 3-4 minutes or till they are golden brown.
Chinese Egg Rolls
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chinese Vegetarian Egg Rolls
- Chinese Egg Rolls