Chicken With Ham And Lettuce
Follow this simple and easy recipe to learn how to make chicken with ham and lettuce. It’s a very unique and special recipe.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||30 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken With Ham And Lettuce
- A small chicken- 1-1.2 kg
- Slices of cooked ham
- Iceberg lettuce leaves cut into thin strips- 4
- Chicken stock- 300ml
- Oyster sauce- 1.5 tbsp
- Light soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- A pinch of pepper
- Salt to taste
- Corn flour- 1 tbsp mixed in 2tbsp water
How to make Chicken With Ham And Lettuce
- Place chicken into a large pot and cover with water. Add 1 tsp salt and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
Cut the chicken into 2cm x 5cm pieces. Remove all bones, but leave skin. Take some water and add 1 tsp salt to it and drop the whole chicken into it. Bring it to boil once and then reduce heat and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes until chicken is done. Take the chicken out, cut it into 2 cm x 5 cm pieces. Also removes all the bones but keep the skin on
- Spread over the lettuce on the serving plate.
- Now place chicken and ham in an alternating manner.
- Take sauce pan and heat up the chicken stock and add in the spices.
- Add corn flour paste once it has boiled.
- Pour this sauce over chicken and the dish is ready for serving.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Chicken with cashew nuts
- Royal chicken
- Garlic roast chicken
- Honey roast chicken steak
- Paper wrapped chicken