Follow these easy steps to prepare a very unique, tasty and special dish called Chicken Varattiyathu.
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cooking Time||25 mins|
Ingredients for Chicken Varattiyathu
- 1 kg chicken cut into pieces.
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce.
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 5 Slit green chilies
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- ¼ sliced capsicum
- 1 cup grated beetroot
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 6 sprigs of finely chopped coriander
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Varattiyathu
- First of all marinate the chicken in vinegar, chili powder and soy sauce. Put it aside for an hour
- Heat up some oil and fry the chicken in it.
- Take another pan; pour some oil and sauté the onions, garlic paste and green chilies.
- Drop in capsicum, beetroot and pepper powder.
- Then add in tomato sauce and required salt.
- Throw in the already fried chicken and mix well.
- Once done remove it from the flames and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
Some Useful Tips
- To make sure your homemade chili, garlic and ginger paste stays fresh for long add a tbsp of hot vegetable/ sunflower/ canola oil into it and mix well. Keep them in refrigerator and use when necessary.
Other Similar Recipes
- Spicy Shredded Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Chicken
- Chicken 65
- Pepper Chicken